Monday, February 23, 2009

not me monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to http://www.mycharmingkids.net">her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
okay so not me Monday will be short
i did not buy my girls and even my boy matching clothes for vacation because i know it will be easier to remember if i have them all
i did not call a neighbor when grace made her mess in Tuesday because i did not want to be alone laughing at her
i did not then take pictures of her mess and then do it the next day with the next mess, while she shook her head and begged me not to
i did not hear my 6 year old say "crap and idiot" this week, i am a much better parent and teach my kids better
i did not hear my precious 3 year old say "hate" this week
i did not clean out my closet yesterday and get rid of or pack up 50% of my clothes because i have gained so much weight, not me because i know i am healthier and happier when i am much lighter
i did not let my 3 year old take a shower with me this morning because i wanted to know where she was, not me because a good mother would get up before her kids and shower
i did not arrange for the dog to be dropped off at the groomer at a time i knew only DH could take him because i knew they would fuss at me
i did not take my daughter to the salon to watch me get a pedicure, she is three and a good mother would not torture her like that
i most definitely did not wake my pre teen up at 6am because i knew he needed to finish cleaning his room and then i did not let him bribe me into letting him sleep for another hour after his room was clean so i could nap
oh and i would never do this, i would never make a roast for dinner and be so proud of myself and then convince dh to pick up KFC because i did not want roast
oh and because of mcmamma i did not pull out my calender and count what day of my cycle i am on to see if i could be pregnant, surely i know my body better and am keeping track of these things
i did not after reading the word elderly lady on line remember that i was not wearing my glasses and badly needed them.
i did not stay home Saturday while DH took the older kids fishing with another family and use the baby napping as a excuse just because i wanted a few minutes of quiet time, a real mom would want to do family activities
i am sure there are many more not me things i would like to remember
oh and the big mess of the week was not made after a neighbors son knocked on the door to tell me he saw my 3 year old on the counter, not me because i would always have walked in there and made sure to distract her with something new to do before she was able to make a bigger mess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs