Monday, May 18, 2009

update to not me monday

So I decided to bake this morning for our ladies night. I realized I had 2 bags of caramel chips. So my friend suggested caramel brownies. The reciepe is on all reciepes which is one of my favorite sites. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Blondie-Caramel-Heaven/Detail.aspx?prop31=2
Here is the problem, my brain is not working today. I really wonder if I need new batteries. First I decided I should double the reciepe, which you can do on the site. No problem printed it out and got to work. Only in my brain I thought okay doubling it means 2 cake mixes and since you have to divide it and I hate dividing I thought this would be easy because now I would just make one mix for the bottom and one for the top. The only problem is, I put all the ingredients into the bowl for two cake mixes instead of one. I did not realize what I had done until the cake was baking and because I thought it would be nice to clean as I go I poured the rest of the evaporated milk down the sink. So now I have a almost flat cake made of a yellow cake mix, evaporated milk and butter. Honestly it taste yummy. I put the caramel mixture in the fridge and may let the kids have it with apples or something.
I decided I would go back to old faithful and make cookies. We will see how it turns out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs