Monday, January 4, 2010

not me monday

First let me say as much as I love not me Monday this is going to be a totally lame one because I do not feel up to normal.
I am a proper lady and a adult and never use the word lame, someone else must have written the first line.
I did not take my kids to get ice cream when it was 29 degrees outside, I would never do this when I myself thinks she is getting a cold.
I did not get beyond aggravated at my printer for not 4 copies of a paper for the kids. I did not have to have my husband tell me that I was printing page 4 not 4 copies. Surely my computer is smart enough to say WAKE UP WOMEN you are hitting the wrong button.
My daughter did not tell me "I accidentaly ate your snack". My daughter would never save food for me and then eat it.
This week I did not make cake pops just to take a picture of them, Really who does that! I did not then have to throw away 2 batches of chocolates because I ruined them. I am not willing to go buy more chocolate just to see if I can make them look better than the last ones.
I am not throwing a pity party that my husband is leaving in 3 days. I am a good army wife and would never complain.
my friend has not told me 10 times that Officers hit the pavement in Airborne school. She would never put that thought in my hand and then remind me of it. Really I know she is just messing with us.
I am not moving in 5 weeks, I can not will not, move in 5 weeks. The reality is not just now hitting me that we will have no house, no church and no counselors. I am not totally freaking out about this move more than any other move. I am a strong army wive and things like moves do not affect me.

6 comments:

CM said...

Wow, friend, you for sure DON'T have a lot going on! How long will your DH be gone for?

Yum, cake pops! Really, you threw away 2 batches??? Couldn't they somehow still be edible...I mean, we're talking chocolate here :-)

Weeksie50 said...

Yikes, 5 days!
If that were YOU, I bet you would be overwhelmed... : ) Good Luck!

Shauna and Ben said...

Oh, more power to you! I don't know how you army wives do it! I have one child and I get flustered when my husband comes home late from work. Shame on me, hey? And the computer thing, yep, I've been there...I mean, I've never been there either :P

Mama M. said...

Wow...military families have a very special place in my heart! Not because we are one, but because we are so incredibly grateful for the sacrifices you ALL make for us. Thank you! From the bottom of our hearts...thank you!!!

I am sooooo tempted to make cake pops...are they horribly painful and messy and frustrating?

Quirky Momma said...

Awww... it sounds like a lot all at once! I admire Army wives!

I know you have no time right now, but in twitter you mentioned having a dishdetergent recipe... it is so pricey! I'd love to use it with our family. I've tried finding one, but haven't had much luck.

Lisa said...

Hi Pam,

Thanks for stopping by Extravagant Grace. So glad you found me! Yes, of course, take the Be Still graphic. That's what they are there for! Enjoy!

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Blessings, extravagantly,
eLisa

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs