Friday, January 29, 2010

Wonderful friends

Monday night my friends from my home school group had a going away party for me. They collected the money and gave me money to buy a sewing machine. I was so excited. My friend Kristi went with me to pick the perfect sewing machine and the extra things I needed. I went to her house on Thursday evening and she taught me the basics on the machine and by the time we were done I had made my first skirt. I have made 5 since then. The apron and mug are from my wonderful friend Janet that I have written before. I love the apron. It says Excalibur Bakery because I like to take breakfast to the moms at our co-op. The framed art work is from my friend Melinda. She makes some of the coolest things. Going to her house is so relaxing, it is almost like you are in a country store, so relaxing. I could set here and write for days about this group of ladies but right now it is just too hard. I do want to take a moment and say thank you to each of them who has helped me through the last 5.5 years. I have made some wonderful friends. I will never be able to do enough to re pay them for all they have done for me. The black and white skirts are the ones I made with my new machine.
 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs