Friday, May 7, 2010

How do you make your husband feel important?


Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor-Romans 12:10

I had a wonderful day today. Well at least about 5 minutes was amazing. This morning I received a e-mail from my husband that said he could not open my blog and would I mind e-mailing him the letters I have been writing. My first thought was okay I will do that later. So I got up and made oatmeal for the girls, looked at those flowers on the table that did not harden up like they should. Called the new dentist to make appointments and then went back to those flowers. I pulled out my book, yep I had followed the directions. Okay I thought I will just make it again, so I put the shortening in the bowl and measure out the vanilla. THEN I STOP. Ladies we need to put our husbands first. So I come into the living room and set down and start working on copying all the e-mails for Rob. At that time Michael walked in and needed something. I asked him to wait and with tears in my eyes I explained that I was writing rob and the importance of putting your spouse first in your marriage. And how I have not been good at doing that for many years and how I am really working on doing better. This made me pull out my Bible and then my Love Dare book. When I opened the book the first thing I underlined was “The truth is, Love is a decisions and not just a choice. It is selfless, sacrificial, and transformational.”. It would have been very easy to just tell myself that he will probably not have internet again for a couple of days so it did not matter if I waited to e-mail him. But that is not okay, he asked me to do something for him and he rarely ask me to do anything for him. This man is a gift to me and I should really cherish this gift.
Render services with a good attitude, as to the Lord and not to men. Ephesians 6:7

How do you make your husband feel important? Do you have any suggestions on how to make him feel special why he is across the ocean?

3 comments:

Amber said...

Happy Milspouse Appreciation Day!!!!! Thank YOU for all YOUR hard work! It takes a very special kind of lady to do what YOU do! So...thank YOU!

I try and make my hubby feel special by sending him GREAT care packages!

Reba said...

Oh Pam!! You made me cry! You are an amazing woman! I should take lessons from you! Thank you for reminding of some things! Love you Pam!

Ellen LeRoy said...

I enjoyed your message. Thanks for sharing. I feel very much like I need to prioritize my husband as well. It's so easy to get distracted, especially with children around making constant demands of your time.

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs