Friday, May 7, 2010

Where I find my strength

And Jesus said unto them ... , "If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to younder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you."
Romans 1:17
You know this deployment has taught me alot and it is just begun. Normally when he deploys I am at a duty station and involved in a million things and there are a million other wives to help and support. This time I am in a new location where I do not know many other wives and I have no connection to his unit. I know where I am supose to find my strength yet I run from it. I make it my last resource. "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18 This one should have be my deployment verse

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6
I would love to hear where you draw your strength. How do you encourage one another. Somehow I have messed up this week and thought that we were writting about what we have learned as a military wife today. So if you want to learn what I have learned keep reading.

Wives of Faith MilSpouses Rock What have I learned so far as a military spouse. My husband was in the reserves when we married. Six months later we went active. So what have I learned. I have learned to negotiate a lease, take pets to the vet. I have learned to put on a happy face when I am sad, depressed, scared, lonely, scared or mad. I have learned to make friends quickly, to step out of my comfort time zone when I am the new girl in town. It has taught me it is okay to rely on others. I have learned to turn to God first and others next. I have learned to hold my husband tight and cherish every minute I have with him. I have learned to stand up for myself rather it be with insurance issues or lawn care people.
I have learned how to talk to strangers in circles so they think they know where my husband is without knowing. I have learned the art of counting paydays or months instead of days. I have learned that helping others through a deployment makes the deployment that much easier for you. I have learned that I still love hand writing letters to my husband. I have learned that keeping busy is my key to life.
If you have not had a chance to check out Wives of Faith please head over

3 comments:

veterankindergartenteacher said...

Pamela,

You wrote this post from the heart. I love every verse that you draw strength from. I have your family on my prayer list. I will check out the Wives of Faith. Happy Mother's Day sweet lady. Would love to have you stop by my blog sometime.

S.I.F. said...

I would have such a hard time being separated from my spouse like that. I don't envy you lady, but I do think you do such an amazing job being a supportive and loving wifey!

Jessica said...

love this post...I have really enjoyed reading what you have shared during the carnival and I look forward to following your blog.
Thank you for all you do and Happy Mother's day!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs