Tuesday, November 9, 2010

German pancakes


Michael only eats about 5 foods. Do not shoot me but for about 9 years he has had PB&J twice a day, at least 6 days a week. It is part of his OCD. We have learned to deal with it. When he ask to cook I jump on it. The other day he picked up a cookbook and said can I make German pancakes. They were super easy so I said yes. I was not home when he pulled them out of the oven but he said when you first pull them out they come out fluffy but soon after that they fall. He said they taste like french toast. By the time I got home a couple of hours later this is what was left. This is a similar recipe from ask.com because I can not find the cookbook he used.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees, combine 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk, a pinch of salt and 6 eggs together. Cut a cube of butter into the 9x13 inch pan and place it in the oven until the butter melts.Pour batter into the pan of melted butter and bake at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes

Speaking of food who does the dishes at our house. My older kids load and unload but I normally wash all pots and pans. My 5 year old really wants me to let her wash the dishes I just hate the mess afterwards.

1 comments:

Charissa said...

Mmmmm thanks for the inspiration!! I have been wanting this recipe!! I love love love pancakes!

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs