Sunday, January 30, 2011

Crushed or Whole

I love homeschooling. I am just not good at doing things like science projects. Luckily for me we use Bob Jones and they do a lot of experiments with my children. Last week though there was a experiment that we could do. A very simple one. All I needed was peppermints and water. So I dug through the cabinet and found candy canes and thought they would work.
The question was does peppermint dissolve faster when it is crushed or whole. The crushed dissolved faster. It has something to do with the amount of air in it.
This was fun because we could just stop school for a few minutes and do a experiment and then we could eat the left over candy canes.
I would say being a homeschool mom is pretty great!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs