Monday, September 12, 2011

Homemaker Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods:
It is breathable, it is nice to be outside and feel the cool air again. It is currently 66 degrees. If only it would stay that way. I do see it is going to be 90 degrees tomorrow. That is crazy.



Things that make me happy: My children praying. Even the 2 year old that visits my house during the day has begun to pray. It is the most precious thing in the world


Book I'm reading:
Prayers that Avail much for women. I have had it for a while but just re found it.


What's on my TV today:
NOTHING, I have been keeping it turned off more and more. It is too distracting to keep it on.


On the menu for dinner:
country fried steak, I have not made it in years so this should be interesting.


On my To Do List:
Put away laundry, normal school stuff. Make a real grocery list. 2 dental appointments, a doctor’s appointment, a promotion ceremony, Scouts, PWOC, Small group on Wednesday and AWANA, it has all started and I am ready to go.


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:

Pumpkin Scones, I am determined to make them this week.


In the craft basket:
It is shut down, closed, not available to be looked at. Unless you consider the fact that I will somehow be decorating a reception table for my husband’s promotion.


Looking forward to this week:
My hero get’s promoted on Friday, he so deserves this.


Tips and Tricks:
I have started keeping a bucket of water with my laundry soap in it on the kitchen counter right next to the laundry room. That way when I take the babies clothes off of him I can put it right in there to pre soak. We do laundry daily so it is not setting there long and it helps get out all the stains we forget about.


My favorite blog post this week:
Pray for me Monday, Look who is linking up with her.

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Jeub Family, I loved watching there show but never dreamed to look to see if they had a blog.

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):






Lesson learned the past few days:
That PWOC is going to be fun. That I may even enjoy it and I need to go a couple more weeks. That my older children can get some work done without me while I am gone.


On my mind:
So much. Last night we let my son watch 102 minutes. He is 14 and has been through 7 deployments with dad. I walked in and asked him what he thought about it. Then I said do you think differently about your dad deploying. Then I asked him if he thought it was hard for daddy to deploy. He said “no mom dad has JOY”. JOY, Jesus first, Others next, Yourself last. WOW, that is awesome to hear. I worry so often that the deployments will change who my children are.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses: Plillipians 3:12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Good morning Troop Petrie! Its been a long time Since IVe been here but still love reading your posts!! YOU ROCK!! Glad to see the family is doing well.. Happy Day!!

peace love and rainbows said...

great picture I grew up an air force brat as they called us :)

I will to check out the pumpkin scones recipe and your pumpkin biscuits.

have a great week. and that is amazing what your son said what a great proud mommy moment

Nicole Andersen said...

Congrats to your hubby!  I am sure you are very proud of him!
I just made some laundry soap last week, and I am loving it so far!!  Very convenient too!!Love your picture, they are adorable.
I also love your sons response to his dad deploying.  I haven't heard of that movie I will have to go and google it now.  :)Have a blessed week!!

Nicole Andersen said...

I went and googled it.  :)  

I do think that for the older ones it does show why our men and women do what they do for this country.  It is hard to see them go but knowing they are doing what they can to protect us helps out a little.. 
I will keep you and your family in my prayers!

Dani@Happy Lil Homemaker said...

Stopping in from Happy Homemaker Monday!

I LOVE country fried steak....can you send me a piece? LOL

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs