Monday, November 7, 2011

Pray for Me Monday

Photobucket





JAMES 5:16
"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so
that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and
effective." (NIV) 





PSALMS 116:2
"Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live" (NKJV) 




Welcome to this weeks Pray For Me Mondays with Home Grown Families and Pamela from Troop Petrie.  We are so excited to be working together on this journey!



Basically, PFMM will work like this:


  • Pamela and I will write posts on relevant topics and post

  • You can link up your own post, comment or e-mail us your prayer requests

  • We'll pray for you and hopefully others will, too



This week, we are still talking about husbands!!





Tiffany {the single one} says:



So, I thought last week was the only week we were going to talk about husbands, but...



Melissa and I have been talking about me dating.  I have not dated in about 3 years~ since I got pregnant with Mugsy and her dad left.  Melissa thinks it's time I get out there.



I am not so sure.



It's not that I don't want to date or marry, it's more that I just want to wake up married.  I don't have the energy to go through the process.  And I don't know that I am emotionally strong enough to deal with the inevitable rejection.



I have, however, felt God preparing me for a change over the last year.  I have faith that He will not make me do this on my own forever~ it's too hard for one person.



After two tear filled conversations with two different friends last night {after I wrote everything above this sentence} I have decided to be open to the possibility of maybe thinking that it might be time to start getting ready to think that maybe, in the future, I might date.  :)  That's a big step.



I have decided to start small.  I need to write a post about this because it is too much to explain here, but "Tiffany" has been lost.  I don't know how someone can loose herself when she is always with herself but I have managed to do it.  I am "the twins Mom," "the one with the Autistic twins," "that crazy lady" and "the baby's Mom"~ but never Tiffany.



I have made a "date" with a friend to go out for dinner.  A platonic friend from high school that I haven't been able to sit down and talk to for 15 years.  Just to get me out of the house and conversing with another adult.  It has been SO long.  Too long.


So, please keep me in your prayers as my new journey begins.  Please pray that I stick to my guns about what I am looking for in a guy.  Pray that my girls can deal with me leaving the house for an hour or two occasionally {because now they can not.}  Pray that I don't get led into temptation.  And, please pray that God has mercy on the poor frazzled single mom and makes it a short and painless journey.

Pam can't be a part of the conversation this week but she wants you to know she is praying for you!


We received some private prayer requests.  There is a special needs girl, S, that is having a hard time adjusting to her daddy's deployment.  And, L, has chronic pain and is having an extra hard time right now.

You can contact us with your prayer request privately at PrayForMeMondays {at} yahoo {dot} com.
















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs