Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pray for Me Monday


Photobucket





JAMES 5:16
"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so
that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and
effective." (NIV) 





PSALMS 116:2
"Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live" (NKJV) 





Welcome to this weeks Pray For Me Mondays with Home Grown Families and Pamela from Troop Petrie.  We are so excited to be working together on this journey!





Basically, PFMM will work like this:


  • Pamela and I will write posts on relevant topics and post

  • You can link up your own post, comment or e-mail us your prayer requests

  • We'll pray for you and hopefully others will, too





Sorry we missed last week~ it's just one of those things.  This is what Pam wrote for last week, so the material is a little dated.





Tiffany {the single one} says:



These last few weeks have been particularly difficult for us.  We have been dealing with sickness, ER visits, sleepless nights and one moody Mama.  Please continue praying for me~ my sanity mostly. 

 


Pam {the married one} says:

 


And when Esau lifted up his eyes and saw the women and children, he said, “Who are these with you?” Jacob said, “The children whom God has graciously given your servant.”
(Genesis 33:5 ESV) 





This was a special and wonderful week. My husband only worked three days. So we had a lot of family time. Or should I say a lot of puppy training time.





This week my baby boy turned 15. FIFTEEN, where has the time gone? I remember the night he was born and how sick he was. I remember them struggling to get him to breath. I remember my friend Debbie praying over the situation. I remember him being in the NICU and taking a parenting class with other parents. They were holding their babies and mine was behind us in the NICU.





I remember when he was 2 and not talking. I remember the day the daycare provider finally told me something was not right with him. As in, he was developmentally delayed.
I remember feeling like a failure as a mom. I remember wondering what I did wrong.





It took a lot for me to not feel guilt because he was not reading as early as others. It took a lot for me to see him struggle to make friends for many years. It was hard for me the first time I heard the aspergers name mentioned.





And then I had a friend who told me that he is mine only for a short time.





I think sometimes in the business of parenting we forget that our blessings are only with us for a short time.
Do you take time to enjoy your children?





Today my son and I went to the movies. He made a comment twice that really hurt my feelings (smacked me in the face). He said that it was nice to hear me laugh. It hit me hard that he does not see me laugh as much as he use to. I do not want my children to grow up and take life so seriously. I want them to know that life is good and that you can enjoy it.





This week I pray that you are taking time to enjoy your blessings. Be grateful for the time they wake up in the night because that is one on one time.





“See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.
(Matthew 18:10 ESV) 





Take time to realize that they will not always be in your home and encourage them to hide the word in their heart so when they are not with you they still know where to go for help.











Please do not forget about this really fun giveaway I am doing right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs