Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Peppermint Syrup

I recently made a yummy peppermint syrup. The first time I over cooked it and it hardened up. Then I took the time to read the directions again. I know this is not a great picture. I plan on putting them in little jars and giving away for Christmas. I can not wait to make a cheesecake and pour it over it. I already tried it on french toast and all I can say is YUMMY! I found the recipe on pinterest. It was really simple. 1. unwrap 8 candy canes 2. mix 2 cups sugar and one cup water on the stove 3. break the candy canes and put in water mixture and mix until dissolved. 4. continue cooking until boiling, let boil 3-5 minutes 5. let cool in pan and then use You can find the exact recipe at Chica and Jo What do you give friends for a Christmas gift, what do you give your kids teachers? I am always looking for something new. Pamela

1 comments:

Beckey said...

Pinning!! Yummy! I'm picturing a little of this mixed into my coffee and creamer!
Beckey @ http://reallyreallyrealhousewives.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs