Saturday, December 15, 2012

Sugar cookies

I am determined to do more with my kids this year. I am determined to smile more, relax more. I want memories. I knew the kids would love decorating sugar cookies. Only it was the day after Thanksgiving and I did not really want to do anything else that would make a mess in the kitchen. That's when I remembered that I had several boxes of sugar cookie mix in the garage. That made things easy. Then I remembered that our cookie cutters were in the Christmas boxes. I was not going to pull them out. So I pulled out our play dough cutters. They worked just as well. I am reminding myself that things do not have to be perfect. They do not have to have to be detailed to have fun. The kids will not remember that they used pumpkin cookie cutters for Christmas cookies. They will remember the people who decorated the cookies with them. I will be honest, I did not decorate these cookies with them. I made the dough and someone else special helped them that day. So today I am thankful for those special people who do fun things with my children and build memories. Pamela

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs