Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My Special Force-Review

I have been given the honor of reading books for a review before but never has a book touched me like this book. Never have I felt so close to a author as I have this author. I encourage you to not only order the book now and let it be a surprise piece of mail when it comes in but to actually read the book. But know that this is not a book you will want to put down and you will definitely need a box or ten of tissues. I have never read a book where I was constantly telling my friends and my husband about it while I read it. You can find this book several locations, it is on Amazon now. My Special Force I set with tears in my eyes. I have never read a book that has moved me like this book. Maybe it is the fact that I am 35 weeks pregnant or that my husband had deployed eight times or that we have had our share of Army medical issues over the last 20 years. But oh how this story touched me. I could not put it down. I felt like I was right there, my heart breaking and the whole time I kept telling myself he will not die, he will not die. This is not happening. I guess I knew the ending but I just could not believe it would really happen. Your marriage, your life, how you met, your beautiful little girls; the way you dealt with deployment. The way he encourages you to suck it up sounds so familiar. All of this reminds me of my soldier. I have to say that while the entire book got to me the part about being in the dressing room hit the closest. I remember my water breaking at 26 weeks, having a preemie at 31 weeks, with three other kids at home and then my soldier deploying for 18 months while I still had this sick child at home. Then he came home with PTSD and was not the man who left. I remember so many times thinking not one more thing, I just cannot handle one more thing and then the one more thing would happen. I love that we get to hear the story from when you met. By the way our favorite beach is Wrightsville. We go there several times a year. I will now be looking at each little cheap hotel differently and wondering if that was the hotel. We own a house by Fort Campbell and would love to go back there. Thank you so much for sharing your journey, his journey with me. Thank you for showing me how to be strong in the storm. Thank you for being so honest about the storm. Your mother in law cracked me up to tell you to wear something sexy. So sounds like something my husband would want. Oh how much more I want to say but do not want to give too much away. I am honored to have read this book, I am honored that you are a fellow Army wife. I am grateful for your husband’s service. Pamela

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs