Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Cajeta

Cajeta, I have never heard it called this before but could not wait to try it. I have made caramel using sweetened condensed milk before but never used our raw goats milk. 
This is a super simple recipe. 
1 gallon milk 
4 cups sugar 
2 tablespoons vanilla
Heat in sauce pan until dissolved 
1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 2 tablespoons water 
Add to milk mixture and cook 
Do not let boil but simmer. 
How long do you simmer, hmm I am thinking maybe 5 hours. Stirring every few minutes and making sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan
Over time it will turn this beautiful golden tan color and thicken up. 
I serve mine several ways: 
1 we use it in coffee
2 I cut up apples and bananas to dip in it
3 I cut up apples and lay in a pie pam and cover with this yumminess. 

How would you serve it? 
Pamela


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs