Saturday, August 15, 2015

Meatballs


Our friend is in labor right now and I feel useless so we are making meatballs. That way when she comes home I will have a meal ready for her.
  Faith has asked to cook for a while and honestly I forget to let her. She normally cooks breakfast and sometimes lunch but not real meals. So I am starting to teach her. I love that it gives us time together. 
Today is she making meatballs. I love making meatballs. Of course we triple the recipe so we have enough for the next day. 
Meatballs
3 jars spaghetti sauce (I have quart size because we use homemade sauce)
1 cup onion (i skip this)
4.5 pounds lean beef (i use half beef and half ground turkey)
3 eggs
6 garlic gloves (i just use a couple tablespoons of pre crushed garlic)
2 tablespoons italin seasoning
1.5 teaspoon salt
I am sure there is a scientific way to make them but this is how I handle it. 
pretheat oven to 400. pour a little sauce in the bottom of two pans. mix everything together except the sauce. add a jar of sauce and mix. make little balls and lay in pan. bake 20-25 pans. por remaining sauce over meatballls and bake another 10-15 minutes.  Check internal temperature and serve. 
We normally serve them on french bread with swiss cheese. The next day we put them in spaghetti. 
Pamela

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs